Saturday, May 3, 2008

Capati - Off the beaten track

Fancy taking a drive on the old trunk road (Federal Road) from Ipoh to Kuala Lumpur in search for good food? Yes, as the title says, 'Capati - off the beaten track'. Drive along from Kampar until you reach a junction turning to Chenderiang. Just facing the junction is a stall that sell really good capati. I was told that it is run by folks of Pakistani origin. The capati is really nice and the gravy that goes with it is superb too. The kachang dhall is not mashed as most places serve. I bet once you've got the first taste, you'll be asking for more. The stall opens everyday except Sunday.

1 comment:

tk_ong said...

It is amusing that you guys take the trouble to search high and low for good food, ahem! Thanks for your recommendations and I will sure kiv all these places that you mentioned so that the next time I happen to drive by, I will check out these stalls. I for one will also go in search of good food.
Just in case you didn't know , there is a famous Indian Banana Leaf food shop in Chemor called Samy Restoran.It is just along the main road in Gopeng . If you were to drive to Gopeng town, keep a look out for the shop . It is on the right side of the road. You have to make a U-turn at the traffic lights to get opposite. I don't know if I got the name spelt right but I think it is. Maybe, you would have already gone there before since you are a great adventurer where food is concerned.
Another place to try good curry mee is , of all places a little township off the main trunk road to Penang. It's a place called Kuala Sepetang. It is actually Port Weld to be exact. I don't know why they changed the name.
I happened to go there for some reasons unknown one day and was surprised to find a big group of people swarming around this little stall. Curiousity took the better of us and soon we were tucking away at the most unusual tasting curry mee on earth. The taste is somewhat like those days when we we in primary school and we loved the curry mee sold at our tuckshop( canteen) I wonder why they changed the name of eating places in school ,too!